We understand that you have many roles within your firm. Acting as the firm administrator on CASEpeer will give you access to user permissions, account and payment settings, integration activation, and more. Below is a guide that will help you navigate CASEpeer as you get started as a firm administrator.
- Edit firm details, default settlement fees, and court county from the Account Settings page. Direct important notifications to team members, and edit case worker assignments. You are also able to activate and deactivate account integrations such as client texting. Learn more about Account Settings.
- Manage users from the User Management screen. Add, replace, and assign workers or reassign tasks. Edit or deactivate a user, manage their permissions, and edit their password. You have the ability to filter by permission group and user status. Learn more about User Management.
- Permissions help you manage who has access to exclusive data and features. You can manage your users permissions from the Users page in CASEpeer. Permissions allow access to exclusive features on CASEpeer including certain management reports. Many team members at your firm might have numerous roles. CASEpeer makes it easy to delegate roles by giving them access to advanced permissions. Learn more about the specific permission groups built into CASEpeer.
- Manage your subscription and card details from the Payment Dashboard. Get an overview of your past and upcoming invoices. Learn more about Payment Settings.
- Manage source types and source details from the Lead Sources page. You also have the ability to merge details. Learn more about the Lead Sources Management page.
- CASEpeer offers numerous integrations that can help streamline your workflow including Dropbox, Hellosign, and Efax. Activate these integrations from the Account Settings page. Learn more about CASEpeer integrations.
Case Worker Assignments
- Assign workers by default to all new cases from the Account Settings page. These workers will automatically be assigned to new cases. Learn more about Case Worker Assignments.
- Ensure critical notifications are recieved by the appropriate team member including, statute notifications, cost requests, client texts, and defendant/client conflict check. Learn how to direct notifications.
Watch CASEpeer's Administrative Training to help you get started with account administration.