Here's how to activate Client Portal which will send an email invite to a client to create a password for their Client Portal. With Client Portal, a client can securely upload photos, documents, send a message, and view attorney contact information.
- NOTE: This can only be done by a firm administrator, or a user with the User Can Create Client Portal advanced permission.
- Navigate to a case.
- Click the dark green arrow case dropdown at the top right corner of the case.
- Click the Client Portal button.
- A pop-up window will appear.
- Select the email of the client to whom you want to give portal access.
- Click Send Email at the bottom right of the pop-up.
- A Client Portal invitation link will be sent to the client’s email.
After you invite your client to join Client Portal, they will receive an email letting them know they've been invited to join the client portal. The email will contain their username and a link to access their account.
- When they click the link, they will be directed to a screen where they can set a password for their Client Portal.
- Once they create their password, they can log in to their Client Portal and begin uploading documents, photos, and sending messages.
- Here's an example of what a client would see on a new Client Portal.